2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup raisins (I used dried cranberries which were really good!)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
(You can add orange zest-grated orange peel if you want.)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a grater; use your fingers to work in butter until mixture looks like coarse meal. Then stir in cranberries (or raisins)
3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg together until smooth.
4. Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball.
5. The recipe told me to roll the dough out and cut into triangles, but to save time and mess I just pulled off balls of the dough, flattened them a bit in my hands and dropped them onto the cookie sheet (I hope that wasn't anathema.) Sprinkle a bit of sugar on the tops.
6. Bake until golden, around 15-17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
Yummy! Oh and Downton Abbey was fun too, although I don't think this season is as good as the First and Second were. Discuss while munching.